Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The Plight of the Second-Handers

There is one girl in my office, who is not worthy of recognition by name, that has recently gone out of her way to not just simply avoid speaking to me, but to make it a point to speak to everyone that I speak to. It's quite a sad charade.

In her mind she believes that she is affecting my reality by giving me the "silent treatment". If I am writing this post about her actions then I suppose she has succeeded in the slightest of ways.

However, what she doesn't realize is that by altering her behavior in a purposeful manner it is not me who is ultimately being affected by her actions, but herself.

What qualities do I possess that she envies so stridently?

What manner of insecurity must she be afflicted with internally to be moved to make such a metaphysical display?

The answers to these and many other questions are locked deep within her pysche but one thing is certain....

...the battle and the war is lost to he whose motive power comes not from within but from wothout.

Thus is the plight of the second-handers.

No comments:

Post a Comment